If your computer won’t turn on, don’t panic! There are a lot of reasons a computer might not turn on when you hit the power button, and we can help you with all of them! To help you narrow your problem down, take a look at the following scenarios:
- “When I press the power button a lightning bolt flashes but the computer doesn’t turn on!”
- This might be a power jack problem (we can fix that!). If the lightning bolt flashes but the laptop doesn’t turn on, it’s telling you the battery is dead. If the power cord is plugged into the wall and is still happening, you may need a power jack repair.
- “I press the power button and all the lights turn on, but the computer doesn’t show anything on the screen!”
- Power might not be your problem. Your computer could be having a problem with the screen, the chipset, or maybe the LCD cable. It definitely sounds like a hardware problem and you’ll need to have a technician check it out.
- “I press the power button and nothing happens at all. What’s wrong?!”
- We see this problem a lot. Sometimes it’s a simple fix and sometimes it’s more complex – it really could be anything. Bring it in and we’ll give you a free quote!
Feel free to browse some of the possible solutions below or fill out our quote form for a free estimate!