At LaptopMD it is not uncommon to see consumers who have lost their data when their computers malfunctioned or crashed. Unfortunately, this is a common occurrence and can happen to anyone. Regardless of how new or old your PC, Macbook or Smartphone is, there are various reasons that your hard drive could be irreparably damaged, making it difficult for even the most skilled professionals to restore it.
In today’s technology-driven age, relying on a hard drive is simple not enough. Utilizing an online storage and backup system is essential in keeping your data safe.
What is Online Backup
Cloud backup, also known as online backup, is a strategy for backing up data that involves sending a copy of the data over a proprietary or public network to an off-site server. The server is usually hosted by a third-party service provider, who charges the backup customer a fee based on capacity, bandwidth or number of users.
The main advantage is that the data is off your computer, so that if something happens to your hard drive, you can simply restore your data from the Internet.
At first, it can look a little bit complicated but using our outline below you’ll find out how it works without any problems.
- Provider. The journey begins with the provider of service. Now we have so many choices which can be suitable even for the most demanding customer. When you are done choosing, let`s go further.
- Account. This step is very simple. There are two types of them: business or personal.It depends on your needs. Make a choice, right? We are going to the next level;
- Capacity. We guess this is pretty understandable too. The online backup can be any size. Also the volume of your data will determine your monthly payment.
- Software. Go to the website of your online backup service, download their software and install it.By the way, almost every company proposes a free trial from 15 to 30 days. So you will be able to use the software for free and pretty quickly understand is this right for you or not.How secure is it? No worries about the data at all. You will have a personal password which be known only by you. Even the company’s staff have no access to it.
- How often do you need to do backup? You will be able to set up time of back up, type of files (photo, video, music, contracts or only certain folders) and the software will do it in a particular time or set up a time it automatically (preferably at night because it will slow down the connection of your laptop/pc).
- Which operating systems can it be used on? The software works almost with every OS, some services even work on iPhone and Android.
- Types of back up. Other options allow you to specify whether backups should be full, incremental, or differential. Full means everything is copied. Incremental backups only copy files that changed since the last backup, which saves on system resources. With differential backups, you schedule a periodic full backup, and the differential backup captures all changes made to it. With differential backups you only need the last full backup and the last set of differential backups.
- Restoring From Backup. With backup software, you just tell it where backups are saved and run the restore option. The way your backup has been saved affects how you restore it. Also you will be able to have an access to your data from any point of the planet, of course if you have the Internet connection.
Overall, the key thing to keep in mind is that eventually, technology fails. Hard drives are notorious for expiring. Malware and viruses can further complicate file recovery, making content inaccessible. Other problems such as fires, flooding, theft, and disasters outside of your control can deem our devises inoperable.
As society becomes more and more dependent on the use of technology to serve our everyday needs, digital content and personal assets are invaluable. Don’t fall victim to lost documents, plans, financial spreadsheets, family photos, videos, or music because you did not backup your files. If you are interested how it works and would like to install an online backup for your hard drive, contact us today! We specialize in any related data recovery issues and repairs.